For more information, download PDF version of rate card >>
The health and fitness industries are booming as people of all ages become more and more aware of the importance of good health as well as benefits of being fit.
Kentuckiana HealthFitness Magazine offers advertisers with an excellent opportunity to acquaint otherwise hard-to-reach customers with products and services offered. KHF is out in the market place for 30 days not 30 seconds, only one day or one week.
Circulation and Distribution
Kentuckiana HealthFitness magazine is a monthly publicationwith a controlled distribution of 48,000 per month. 16,500 copies are home delivered and the remaining 31,500 copies are available through more than 570 distributions locations, including health clubs, sporting goods stores, bike shops, corporate fitness centers, health food stores, bookstores, restaurants, sports medicine clinics, hospitals, libraries, college student centers, physicians'' offices, local sporting events, and many other heavy traffic areas. Circulation includes Kentucky counties of Jefferson, Oldham, Shelby, Bullitt and Hardin, and includes Clark and Floyd counties in Indiana and selected sites in Frankfort, KY. Our readers include individuals interested in a healthy, active lifestyle in the Kentuckiana area.
Magazine inserts are $30 per 1000 magazines ($.03 per piece). The copy needs to arrive at the printing company by the 20th of the preceding month.
Mechanical Specifications: (in inches)
Process Color – (4-color) can be utilized for a ¼ page, a ½ page or a full page ad on selected pages other than premium space pages at an additional $210 charge per ad per month.
For best results, follow these simple guidelines for designing 4-color ads:
$2.00 per word. 10-word minimum. Prepayment is required.
Reservations for ads are due the 15th day of the previous month prior to publication. Finalized design and copy are due by the 20th of the previous month.
Ads that require any design or copy changes are due the 10th day of the month prior to publication. Ad copy approval cannot be guaranteed on ad designs that are received after this date!
Subject to availability. Add 15% of open rate to ad cost. If placement is unable to be met, this charge will be waived.
Kentuckiana HealthFitness Magazine welcomes business advertorials. An advertorial is an ad that discusses a business in depth or a service that a business offers to our community. At the top of the advertorial the words This is a Paid Advertisement or An Advertorial will introduce your informational ad.
Advertorials can be different sizes based on the word numbers and if a regular ad is to accompany the advertorial. For example, an advertiser can purchase a full page ($1995 for the open rate to $1600 for the 12-time rate) for the advertorial (editorial information). In addition, the page could also include a regular ad about the company. Or the advertorial could be a half page – which is about 400 words or so with no additional ad about the business.
Professional advertising design is available at a charge of 20% of open rate; Line changes, $20. Last minute design charge is 30% of open rate.
1. Cancellations: No cancellations are accepted after closing date for space reservations which is the 15th of the preceding month. All cancellations must be received in writing. If cancellation notice is not received by the 15th of the preceding month, publisher reserves the right to run advertiser''s previous ad and the advertiser will be billed for contracted space.
2. Contracts must be completed within twelve months from the date of first insertion. Advertisers will be billed for the actual frequency rate in the event the contract is not complete.
3. Cancelled or unfulfilled contracts will be short-rated at the highest applicable earned rate plus 15%.
4. The publisher reserves the right to reject any advertisement deemed to be of questionable taste or exaggerated claims.
5. Any advertising material that contains editorial material that may imply that the information is in the opinion of the publisher will have the word “advertorial” printed on the page. Advertorials can be different sizes based on the word numbers and a regular ad can accompany the advertorial. For example, an advertiser can purchase a full page ($1900 for the open rate to $1370 for the 12-time rate) for the advertorial (editorial information). In addition, the page could also include a regular ad about the company. Or the advertorial could be a half page – which is about 400 words or so with no additional ad about the business.
6. The publisher assumes no liability for any claims accrued by the advertisers or agency resulting from advertisement content.
7. The advertiser is responsible to report any errors in their advertisement to the publisher within 10 days of publication. In the event the publisher is responsible for the error, liability is limited to replacement of the ad in the next issue.
8. For first-time advertisers, a check must accompany the first insertion.
9. Payment is due net 15 days. If late, a finance charge of 1.5% will charged per month.
10. Ad Agency commission is 15% if paid within 30 days.
11. 5% discount if account paid in full when contract is signed.
Rate Card #8, Effective January 31, 2005