Clinical Research Associate
ICOS Corporation, based in Bothell, Washington, has spent more than a decade building a world-class research and development organization. We’ve recently launched our first product, Cialis™, an oral PDE5 inhibitor for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) to the European marketplace. (A U.S. FDA regulatory decision on Cialis™ is anticipated for the second half of 2003). ICOS is committed to advancing science in the areas of protein based and small molecule therapeutics.
If you are a Clinical Research Associate with pharmaceutical industry experience and want to work in a fast-paced environment of a growing company, then consider ICOS.
The Clinical Research Associate is responsible for clinical trial planning and conduct including but not limited to site management, monitoring, study management, vendor management, and project operational support. The job responsibilities include:
- Perform routine and moderately complex site qualification, initiation, monitoring, and close-out visits.
- Write visit reports, adhering to industry and corporate standards.
- Complete routine and moderately complex study start-up, conduct, and close-out activities to industry and corporate standards.
- Identify, communicate and bring to closure to site and vendor issues before the success and timelines of the study are impacted.
- Resolve routine problems of moderate scope following established policies, practices and procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the biotechnical and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- At least 1 year of monitoring experience preferred.
- Participation in a minimum of 2 clinical trials, preferably Phase II or III.
- Understanding of the implications of GCP, GMP, regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to remain flexible as projects and priorities change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload in order to meet multiple deadlines.
- Understand and apply basic technical principles, theories and concepts of clinical research.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance as well as collaboratively within a team setting.
- Ability to travel.
- Familiarity with basic computer software: Word, e-mail, Excel.
ICOS offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement.
For immediate consideration visit www.icos.com and apply directly for this position.
Learn more about ICOS’ philosophies, attributes, financial information, and more by visiting our web site at: www.ICOS.com.
ICOS Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer