Registration Requirements

Registration Requirements

To register with ERA Healthcare you will need to supply the following information.

Detailed reference information including:

  • Contact names
  • Addresses
  • Telephone Numbers
  • Fax Numbers
  • Email Addresses

Reference information is required for 2 previous employers (one must be your current/most recent employer) and 1 character reference who has known you over 1 year (a character reference cannot be a relative).

The following documentation is required for staff who will be using their own transport for Domiciliary/Homecare use:

  • A copy of your driving licence and counterpart (if held)
  • Most recent and up to date M.O.T certificate
  • Valid insurance policy certificate (in order to transport clients, business insurance must be held)

There are 7 mandatory courses that must be completed prior to work placement which are:

  1. People Moving & Handling
  2. Fire Safety
  3. Emergency First Aid
  4. Health & Safety
  5. Infection Control
  6. Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
  7. Food Hygiene Awareness

We also require all candidates to complete an Enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure check at a cost of £42.00 (payable by you but refunded after probationary period). This is a legal requirement and must be done even if you hold a previous CRB disclosure.

In order to complete the CRB process we require 3 forms of identification:
One form of Identification must be from Group 1:

  • Valid Passport (any nationality)
  • UK Driving Licence (either photocard or paper style)
  • Original Birth Certificate (issued within 12 months of birth, full or short version acceptable)
  • Valid Photo Identity Card (EU countries only)
  • UK Firearms Licence

Two forms of Identification must be from Group 2:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Non-original Birth certificate (issued 12 months after birth date, full or short version acceptable)
  • P45/P60**
  • Bank or Building Society Statement*
  • Utility Bill (electricity, gas, water, telephone – inc mobile phone contract/bill)
  • Valid TV Licence
  • Credit card Statement*
  • Store card Statement*
  • Mortgage Statement**
  • Valid Insurance Certificate
  • Certificate of British Nationality
  • British Work Permit/Visa**
  • Correspondence or a document from:
  • The benefits agency, the employment service, the inland revenue or a local authority*
  • Financial Statement (i.e. pension, endowment, ISA)**
  • Valid Vehicle Registration Document
  • Mail Order Catalogue Statement *
  • Court Summons**
  • Valid NHS card
  • Addressed Payslip*
  • National Insurance Number card
  • Exam Certificate (e.g. GCSE, NVQ)
  • Child Benefit Book**
  • Connexions Card

*Documentation should be less than 3 months old
**Documentation should be issued within past 12 months.