Musli ( Chlorophytum Borivilianum ) is a medicinal plant, with small, usually white flowers, produced on sparse panicles up to 120 cm long. In some species of the plant, the panicle also bears plantlets, which take root on touching the ground. Since times immemorial, the tuber root and rhizome of the plant have been used for the purpose of curing human ailments and infections. Its use as an effective aphrodisiac agent has opened up channels for its commercial cultivation in a number of regions around the world. Its unparalleled therapeutic and medicinal properties have made it a key ingredient in the preparation of a number of Ayuvedic formulations. It is also gaining increased importance as a health-tonic, which boosts the general immune system of the body. The herb grows naturally in the central zones of India, as the temperature and climatic conditions prevailing there are suitable for its growth. Sandy loam soil, with suitable drainage system, is perfect for the growth of Safed Moosli. Due to its diverse medicinal benefits, the plant has been recognized as the sixth most important herb by the Medicinal Plants Board, to be preserved and protected.
Safed Musli contains carbohydrates (35-45%), fiber (25-35%), alkaloids (15-25%), saponins (2-20%), and proteins (5-10%).
Uses & Benefits of Safed Musli
- Safed musli is a very popular aphrodisiac agent, with no side effects. It is often prescribed for enhancing male potency and overcoming signs of fatigue. It is particularly used for individuals with low sperm count and low libido.
- It is also regarded as an energy booster in asthmatic conditions. The roots of the herb are also used to strengthen the general immune system of the body.
- The tuber roots of the plant have been used since ancient times, to prepare nutritive tonic for sexual weakness and is used in Ayurvedic medicines even today.
- Safed musli proves useful as a nutritive tonic for both the mother and the fetus, during pregnancy and is also used to replenish the body fluids during the post-partum stage.
- The herb improves the quantity and flow of breast milk, in feeding mothers.
- It has many health promotional benefits. It is used to control and prevent obesity and its side effects.
- The activities of vitamin C and antioxidant enzymes are also enhanced by the use of this plant species.
- Research has indicated that the plant species is used for curing diabetes and arthritic conditions.
- Safed musli is also beneficial in the treatment of natal and postnatal problems.
- Its regular use causes increase in the level of High Density Lipoprotein (HDL or good cholesterol) and decrease in the plasma and hepatic lipid profiles.
- Apart from rejuvenating the reproductive system, the herb prevents premature ejaculation and is also used in chronic leucorrhoea.
Direction for use :
As a dietary supplement take one (1) capsule twice daily preferably after meals or as directed by a Healthcare Practitioner. For better results it should be taken with warm water.
Caution : Pregnant or lactating women are advised to consume Herbal Products under advise of the Healthcare Practitioner.
Disclaimer : These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is intended to enhance general health and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
Write a review
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: