Getting motivated to exercise is a hard thing to do. I am extremely lazy and I got even lazier over the winter, I had 0 motivation to go exercise. The weather is getting warmer and it is the perfect time to start getting in shape. Losing weight and getting in shape in a healthy way is a lengthy process, now’s the time to start.
In this program running daily is recommended. I aim to get up every morning before school to run. I understand running may not be your thing, it’s not my thing either, I actually am not a running fan. You have to want that hot body enough to push yourself.
Tips to get up in the morning:
- Sleep with your running clothes next to you (you don’t even need to get out of bed to change)
- Keep your sneakers and socks next to your bed (get right out of bed and your shoes on)
- Set alarms with annoying sounds and keep them out of reach
- Make a mental plan of getting up and ready so it’s easier when you actually have to do it
Tips to enjoy running:
- Don’t plan a certain mileage just run
- Tell yourself you’ll make it to a certain point and then home
- Listen to music (make a good playlist with faster music)
- Look around you and enjoy the scenery
- Don’t race against a clock- give yourself plenty of time to run without racing the whole thing
- Run with a friend (if you can get a friend to get up at that time with you)
I know not many teens can motivate themselves to do this but it is 100% worth it. You can (A) brag about how youv’e already ran this morning. (B) It wakes you up and helps you to stay awake during the day.